CLASSIC OLDIES

Eng /   

I like listening to classic oldies on the radio.  I am touched by the beautiful melodies and moving lyrics.

One time a teenager called the radio DJ.  He wanted the DJ to play the song “Yesterday Once More” from Carpenters. The teenager had osteocarcinoma and was recovering. Having to face drastic changes in life in a short time, and the way forward was still uncertain at the time, the teenager seemed to hold the desire to get back to his ‘yesterday’:

“No illness, I could attend classes and participate in various activities with classmates… Yesterday Once More, it’s good to live as before!’

The story of the teenager and the song impressed me a lot.  I do not resonate with all parts of the song lyrics. However, only a part of the melody in the song, or a line of the lyrics can bring back my memories and emotions deep in my heart.

“When I was young
年輕時
I’d listen to the radio
常常聽著收音機
Waiting for my favorite songs
等待我最喜愛的歌曲
……..

Those were such happy times

快樂的時刻
And not so long ago
就像片刻前的事
……….

Looking back on how it was in years gone by
回望過去
And the good times that I had
曾經歷的美好時刻
……

So much has changed
無奈已事過境遷,
……..
All my best memories
當美好的回憶
Come back clearly to me
重現腦海
Some can even make me cry
牽動到內心深處令我感觸落淚
Just like before
渴望自己能回到從前
It’s yesterday once more
再次經歷過去

I sing this song with my heart.  I don’t know whether it is my inner thoughts that make me recall this song, or the song triggers my memories.  There were some things in the past that we wish to change about.  If we had a second chance, we would wish to make better choices, or we might be able to accomplish our unfulfilled wishes.

What has passed is the pas.  However, love is not bounded by time and space.  Our beloved ones might have no longer been on earth.  Nevertheless, our love for them continues to grow. Love is always on our minds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candlelight

TV series